We're returning to the days of old, where everyone has a role to play. And if you don't fill all the roles and work together as a team, or if you stray too far from your designated role... Well, let's just say the outcome may be less than stellar.
Filling the Tank role we have a few choices: Barbarian, Fighter, or Paladin
Yes, you read that right, Barbarians can tank. Having a dedicated paragon path, the Sentinel, you too can "Become an unstoppable force dedicated to the preservation of your allies."
"Tanks focus on keeping the enemy's attention while their party members attack and heal."
Filling the Healer role we have a few choices there as well: Cleric, Paladin, or Warlock
Hey Warlocks, you'll finally be able to get that Healer bonus when running your randoms now. Choose the Soulweaver paragon path to play as healer.
"Healers focus on keeping their teammates alive while their team keeps the attention of the enemy."
Filling the DPS role we have quite a few choices: Barbarian, Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock, or Wizard
Cleric? DPS? WTF? Yeah, I feel the same way. Especially seeing no DPS role for Paladins.
"DPS are damage dealers who focus on dispatching foes while their party members keep the enemy's attention."
So to review the paragon paths and their designated roles:
- Barbarian - Blademaster (DPS), Sentinel (Tank)
- Cleric - Arbiter (DPS), Devout (Healer)
- Fighter - Dreadnought (DPS), Vanguard (Tank)
- Paladin - Justicar (Tank), Oathkeeper (Healer)
- Ranger - Hunter (DPS), Warden (DPS)
- Rogue - Assassin (DPS), Whisperknife (DPS)
- Warlock - Hellbringer (DPS), Soulweaver (Healer)
- Wizard - Arcanist (DPS), Thaumaturge (DPS)